Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DAY 3--March 4, Friday, Casablanca COUSCUS DAY

"Every Friday we have Couscous for lunch after we come back from the Mosque",
 Naima's father said on  Thursday night. I wanted to learn how to make Couscous from Naima's
mother, she is a great cook.
When I went to bed I was very happy looking forward  to next day "Couscus day".
I went to an  Internet cafe but the keyboard was in Arabic.
I had a nice morning with my hosts and a great meal, I wrote down the recipe for Couscous.
It is served in the center of the table in one container and each person eats from her/his side with
bare hands but my hosts used spoons and gave me a spoon.
 It was so delicious!
I will make it soon!
Thanks for sharing with me such  delicious meals, Naima's mom is the best cook and
such a nice smile, always happy, always with bright light on her eyes!








                                                MANGE, MANGE, MANGE     







 This is how they keep their soup bowls, isn't so pretty?
                                                                             Lots of tiles in the kitchen



                                           Beautiful tiles adorn the walls of this traditional Moroccan
                                           home. No pictures anywhere, no superfluousness ,
                                           no knicks and knacks, no junk, just the essential, clean
                                           elegant, utilitarian.


                                          This was my first time seeing a living room in Morocco,
                                           couches are custom made according to the size of the 3 walls
                                           of the room, they can accommodate large gatherings.
                                           This is a beautiful Salon and very comfortable.
                                            Where the walls have no tiles they have a traditional
                                             Moroccan type of plaster that is done only once and lasts
                                             the life of the building, it is like polished wax, it is an art form called
                                             Tadelakt, the walls are very soft to the touch, very durable and very
                                              elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment